Monday, May 11, 2009

Still Alive!

Hello once again! Sorry about the long absence since my last post but I was rather ill with pneumonia. Now that that has passed I am back on the horse so to speak. I am currently working on four paintings and I have two more in the pipeline (developmentaly in progress) so in a way I suppose I am trying to make up for lost time.
New York life is going just fine, hectic and frantic as always but thats why we live here right? Actually things have been a bit more chill the last couple of months but I guess its all in one's perspective. Being really really sick will do that. I have been enjoying old movies, classic tales of chiverly and satire (think King Arthur with the Knights and Don Quixote with poor old Sancho Panza trying to live in that fantasy etc.) as well as moderatly priced chianties and of course my kitties. I guess if you add that all together you get me as a thirty something...


Prudence has been inspirational in her drive to keep current with mimachan studios as she continues to create witty and sublime modern arts and crafts in the form of drawings, watercolors, oils and dolls (she hand makes little Mimachan dolls!). I just bought this lovely little work from her today.


Just a little side note: one of the good people that purchased a painting at the "Myths of Town and Country" show (he will remain unnamed) is quite a collector. So one of my paintings is now up alongside a DeKooning a Warhol and many other modern greats in his downtown apartment. As terrific as showing yearly with Richard Serra (Mental Health Project NYC annual auction) is, it is also rather exciting to be in a private museum of sorts.

Look forward to to my work in the background set of an upcoming episode of the show Prom Queen: The Homecoming to be aired sometime this fall. I will update the details.

I hope all is well in your life and please contact me with any questions or comments.
Salude


No comments: