Sunday, January 11, 2009

Urban Justice 2009

The following is a catalog of my contribution to the Urban Justice Center of NYC's Mental Health Project Annual art Auction. I am happy to say this is my second consecutive year of contribution for a cause I believe deeply in. This year's SoHo Art Auction will be on Wednesday, March 11th, from 6-9 p.m. at the beautiful Poltrona Frau showroom, located at 145 Wooster Street (between Prince and Houston) in Manhattan to support the advocacy for low-income New Yorkers with psychiatric disabilities.

This year I am offering three pieces. Times are tough in America (and everywhere) fiscally speaking, so in the face of adversity I am trying to offer more than would normally be expected. "The Sunset" in particular is something of a gem. She's been with me since 1997 and of course it will be sad to see her go. On the other hand, she deserves her moment in the spotlight.

Last year many notable names such as Richard Serra, Nan Goldin etc... contributed to the effort and this year is sure to not disappoint.





1. The Sunset, 1997, Oil on linen mounted on panel SOLD





2. Sailboat City, 2006-2007, oil on canvas SOLD






3. Erosion #1, 2008, oil on linen mounted on panel SOLD




.

No comments: