Monday, October 5, 2009

further abstract

Here is a smaller painting for this years 'abstracts of nature' series. Actually, this is really more of a prototype. I doubt this one will make the final selection but it has served its purpose well in opening the door for what will be a series of six 18x24 inch oil on linens. The six to be featured in the show will be very frenetic and somewhat chaotic in their foundations but they will also feature a placid almost serene pastel grey background to smooth out its naturaly shattered appearence. I am very excited about these upcoming paintings and I will post one for you soon. I have the first three going nicely now and once I have mounted the linen to artist panel then the next three will be up.






"Looking up at Trees"
Oil on Linen study 18x24
2009

No comments: